Makes approximately 8.
- 280g Dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 280g Diced unsalted butter
- 4 Medium sized eggs, lightly beaten
- 280g Caster sugar
- 1 Vanilla pod – split open and seeds scraped out
- ½ Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 130g Plain flour
- 60g Cocoa powder
- 95g Milk chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 95g white chocolate, broken into small pieces
- Extra butter for greasing the baking tin
- 1 Square baking tin, preferably non stick
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Put the plain chocolate and butter in a large heatproof bowl, place over a pan of simmering water and allow melting. Stir until smooth and set aside to cool a little.
Whisk the eggs and sugar together with the vanilla seeds and extract until it forms a nice creamy froth. Lightly fold in the melted chocolate then sift in the flour and cocoa powder and mix through gently. Stir in the chunks of milk and white chocolate.
Grease the baking tin with butter and then line with baking parchment or greaseproof paper. Carefully pour the chocolate mixture into the lined dish.
Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. The top should be firm and crispy but the inside should still be moist.
Allow to cool on a wire rack before cutting into squares and serving at room temperature.